Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

'Extreme Couponing' Levels of Nail Polish - Or Not.


My lovely readers! Yesterday I stopped into my favourite dollar store and got a whole bunch of wonderful beauty supplies (all $2 each! can't go wrong at a price like that), and I thought I'd take some pics. I also got some secret surprise goodies after the jump, so keep reading!


Above: This mirror reminded me of doing makeup with my host sister when I was in Japan, she had a mirror just like this.



Above: Hey Vancouverites, can you guess where I am?
Below: I picked up some cheap fake nails to practice on/experiment with.


Below: Only in Chinatown could I have found such a miraculous device. A refillable cotton pad dispenser!


I also got a travel case for my tools, some nail art brushes, more cotton pads, and Pocky. But those pictures weren't quite so exciting as the following:

The other day I ordered my first ever Konad Image plates! For those who don't know, Konad makes these handy little stamping kits to do nail art, and I've been contemplating this purchase for a looong time. I bought 2 plates, m57 and m59, and the rest, from nailpolishcanada.com 

They make their own "special stamping polish", to which I was all "pshaw, what a rip-off, I can just use my own nail polish," until I actually used my own nail polish. It was pretty uncooperative, let me tell you. I am definitely adding those to the wishlist.

Above: Of course, flash makes every little imperfection incredibly obvious, but I love the dark magenta zebra thing going on. These are my mom's nails, and as you can probably tell, she is significantly more tan than I.

Below: And this is my very first successful Konad-icure. I went for a black lace design over a nude I made out of Essie Blanc and Essie Sugar Daddy.



Mom:

Revlon Bewitching (from the new spring collection!)
Nicole By OPI Razzler Dazzler
Essie Blanc (hearts on thumbs)

Myself:

Essie Blanc (3 thin coats)
Essie Sugar Daddy (4 thick coats)
Nicole By OPI Razzler Dazzler

Orly Bonder & Seche Vite Topcoat on both of us, as always.


Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...