Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Best Friends With Glitter

Last night I did my best friend's nails!


She wanted a bright French mani, so we chose a really poppy coral-pink. I sponged on some holographic glitter, concentrated on the tips, and then did a stripe of silver under the coral. And since we love sparkle, we put rhinestones on top! I put extra top coat on to hold them in place.




For myself, I used my new polishes, Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday and OPI Dating A Royal. Dating A Royal is a gorgeous rich blue, and Happy Birthday is the most amazing rainbow glitter. I used 3 coats of glitter because I wanted it to be pretty much all glitter. Dating A Royal was really pretty after 2 or 3 coats, but on the first coat, it is really weird and streaky looking.


Then this morning I saw it and thought: This would look even better matte. And I think the glitter looks cool mattified, and more toned down.





On Vanessa:

Orly Bonder
Revlon Coral Me Pink
China Glaze Snowglobe
Kiss Nail Art Silver Glitter
Seche Vite Topcoat

On me:

Orly Bonder
OPI Dating A Royal
Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday
Seche Vite Topcoat
Essie Matte About You

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...