Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Attack of the Glitterati

This is what I should have worn for New Year's, but alas I didn't get these amazing glitter polishes in time.

(with flash)

For this fabulous design, I first did a blue gradient, using China Glaze's For Audrey as the base colour. Then I used a makeup sponge to apply China Glaze First Mate and OPI Road House Blues, two coats each.

It was so pretty I actually almost left it alone, but I HAD to use my newest glitter topcoats. I sponged a teensy bit of China Glaze Snowglobe (a cult classic for a reason), and then put a (believe it or not) thin coat of Essie Set In Stones.

I almost left it at that, but I took it up another notch by carefully placing some star decals. I topped it all off with Seche Vite and voila! All the roughness from the glitter smoothed out and I'm quite happy with the end result.

Any who, this manicure makes me feel like a pop star. I'm sure Katy Perry has worn something like this at some point in her life.

(without flash)

On another note, I just ordered Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday, so look forward to more glitter!

(with flash)

In Order Of Application:

Orly Bonder Basecoat
China Glaze For Audrey
China Glaze First Mate
OPI Road House Blues
China Glaze Snowglobe
Essie Set In Stones
Seche Vite Fast Dry Topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...